1. I call us “Waldorf unschoolers” because it seems to suit us. We love fairies, story telling, beautifully crafted wooden things, rhythm and yet our days are spent doing what we love with no “real” curriculum . I buy them and use chunks that I like, we craft, we explore, we adventure, and I wouldn’t change it for the world.
2. I want to have one more child, but if I was allowed to I think I’d have 5 or 6.
3. My husband is my best friend.
4. I love spending time with my family, and part of the reason we are in New Jersey livin’ where we live is so that I can visit with them multiple times a week.
5. The forest makes me happy.
6. Thinking about how much I love my kids makes me weepy.
7. They also drive me bat-shit crazy sometimes
8. I am mostly a homemaker, but I do freelance write. Currently I’m writing for MommyPoppins, and working on a book celebrating Radical Parents!
9. We have 3 dogs, 3 cats, 4 bunnies, 3 goats, and whatever tadpoles/bugs/creatures the kids drag in.
10. I limit media, but do allow it.
11. If given oodles of free time, I will spend 90% of them reading.
12. I have very few “real” friends, but running a parents group means I have 209409 mommas that I admire.
13. I’m super flakey with plans.
14. I like to stay home a lot, believe it or not.
15. I want to work on being the best person I can be, one day at a time.
16. Generally I’m super happy. Life’s good. I’m blessed.
17. I run an in-home dog sitting business which brings in a teeny bit of income, but a whole lotta’ love from my favorite animals.
18. I’m messy.
19. I was a wee bit of a party girl when I was young, and it’s so funny that now my idea of a good time is coffee with heavy cream, a good book, my children and my husband.
20. I’m hoping to become more self-sufficient and tread gently on Mother Earth.
21. Speaking of Mother Earth..she’s our religion.
22. I’m not into politics at all, and I rarely watch/read the news..if I had to choose a “group” however, I’d most likely go with Libertarian.
23. We drink raw milk.
24. I don’t vaccinate my children, and it’s something I’m super passionate and educated about…but I won’t impose my beliefs and views onto you, unless you ask.
25. I don’t like drama. I don’t like hurting peoples feelings.
26. I hate the barn in summertime – too many spiders!
27. I prefer our home to be filled with lovely wooden, handmade things but I do have a weakness for Paige’s My Little Pony collection.
28. If you want to contribute to my book and live a “radical” parenting lifestyle *maybe you spin your own wool, raise your own food, unschool or practice AP parenting please email me: email@example.com
29. I am 29